Essential Information about the CNA Classes in Illinois
The State of Illinois is one of the top states with strong demand for certified nursing assistants, creating a lot of opportunities for people wishing to get into the medical field.
Overseeing the standards of CNA training programs and certification in the state is the Illinois Department of Health.
State-approved certified nursing assistant classes in Illinois typically consist of 100 hours of combined classroom training and supervised clinical internship. Official CNA training programs generally teach the following skills:
- Basic Nursing
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Personal Care Skills & Mental Health Needs
- Resident’s Rights
- Emergency Care
You must be at least 16 years of age and a high school graduate or equivalent to be admitted for the CNA program. Other prerequisites for enrollment also include proof of immunizations, a cleared criminal record, and a passing pre-screening exam result in English communication skills and basic Mathematics.
When you’ve completed the CNA Illinois training program, you’ll then qualify for the competency exam. And when you pass it and meet the other state eligibility requirements, you’ll be given the CNA certification credentials which will permit you to work in various healthcare facilities located in your state.
Finding State-approved Certified Nursing Assistant Classes Illinois
Approved CNA courses are offered at several tech or vocational schools, community colleges, and healthcare agencies in Illinois. Here are our five featured CNA schools that you may want to consider:
- Prairie State College, 202 South Halsted Street, Chicago Heights, IL 60411, Phone: (708) 709-3500
- Waubonsee Community College, Waubonsee Dr., Sugar Grove, IL 60554, Phone:(630) 466-7900, Admission: (630) 466-7900, ext. 5756
- Illinois Central College, 1 College Drive, East Peoria, IL 61635-0001, Call center: (309) 694-5600, General questions: (309) 694-5422, Health Careers Department: (309) 999-4600 or (309) 999-4800
- Lincoln Land Community College, 5250 Shepherd Road, Springfield, Illinois 62794-9256, Phone: (217) 786-2200, Toll Free: (800) 727-4161
- Richland Community College, One College Park, Decatur, IL 62521, Phone: (217) 875-7211, ext. 450
To get a comprehensive list of state-approved CNA training programs in Illinois, you can just make a quick search on Google using the right keyword in between quotation marks such as “certified nursing assistant classes in Illinois”.
State Contact Information for CNA Certifications
For more info and other inquiries for certified nursing assistant classes and certifications in Illinois, please refer to the following:
525 W. Jefferson St., Fourth Floor, Springfield, IL 62761
Phone: (217) 785-5133 / Fax: (217) 524-0137 / Toll Free: (800) 547-0466